Monday, October 1, 2012

Polish Us Pink Mani #1

CANCER SUCKS! There, I said it! I wish cancer would die!

I think most of us have had to deal with cancer in one form or the other in our live's and we all know how bad it sucks and how helpless we feel to do anything about it. There is something though that all of us can do. We can spread the word and raise awareness and that's what a bunch of us nail bloggers are doing. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month so we're all going to be rocking some pink manis on Mondays in October. This didn't hurt me too much since pink is my favorite polish color!!

So do your boobies a favor and go let the doctor squeeze on 'em! We are so lucky in the US to have so many fantastic resources available to us in the terms of treatment and education when it comes to cancer and here are just a few:

Treatment:
Cancer Treatment Centers of America - they have truly amazing and compassionate care!
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Education & Resources:
BreastCancer.org
BreastCancerAwareness.com
National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.

Here is my fun little mani to support the Polish Us Pink crusade!! The base is two coats of China Glaze Exceptionally Gifted and then I stamped on that using China Glaze Traffic Jam and Mash plate 48. This was only my second attempt at stamping so I was pretty pleased, what do you think?
 

Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Heart Mani

Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Heart Mani




14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful and for such a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful idea! I love anything that supports a cause!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jazz, feel free to join in if you want, we're posting each Monday in Oct - you could post one time or every time! :)

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty!! What a great way to support the most important cause!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traffic jam looks like a lovely colour - must google some swatches. A very sweet mani. And we'll done on the stamping. Your twitter bio is far too hard on yourself:). I'm scared of stamping - would have no clue where to even begin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops - didn't mean that to be a reply! See - would you let me loose with nail polish and stamping gear?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job!! I hate cancer, too!!!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Trust me though, if I can stamp, anyone can stamp! Traffic Jam is a gorgeous, rich creme, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Cancer sucks" is my stepdad's favorite phrase and he even has a pin that says it. This is cute and reminds me of my second one I did for this month, though it's mostly in red. I might just post it anyway lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, post it, post it, we'll be twins!!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not put any links in the comments! Your comment will be deleted, thank you! :)